Terms & Conditions
Happy-Go-Lucky works hard to make the classes fun for both dog and owner. If you are not sure that you want to sign up, we encourage you to sit in on one of our many group classes to make sure it’s the right fit for you and your dog. Please call us at 503-731-8774 with any questions.
1. Cancellations made by phone within three (3) business days of the start date will be given a full refund. Happy-Go-Lucky will NOT offer a refund if cancelled with less than three (3) business days’ notice. In cases of special circumstances, clients will receive credit for the unused amount paid toward future classes or private training. No refund will be issued, but you will able to use your credit toward Happy-Go-Lucky services.
2. Once a client has attended the first session of a group class, NO refunds will be issued. We have held the spot for you and your dog and will not be able to replace you, thus there can be no refund.
3. Approved refunds will be credited to the account used at time of registration. However, we do not keep credit card numbers on file, so we will need you to call us with that information. If you paid by check or cash, we will mail your refund as a check.
To ensure the safety of your dog, other dogs, our guests and passers-by, and to protect the standing of our business in our neighborhood, we require you to comply with the following:
BEHAVIOR/TEMPERAMENT: Your dog must be comfortable around other dogs and people to attend our group classes. Any known reactive, aggressive and/or threatening behavior must be fully disclosed before registering.
GREETINGS: Please be aware that all dogs have different greeting styles. Keep your dog at a safe distance while entering and waiting in the lobby. Please don’t let your dog jump up on, lunge toward or “poke” other clients or passers-by. Dogs are not to interact in class unless given permission by trainer.
POTTY RULE: Please potty your dog at home before coming. Dogs MUST NOT eliminate in/on our neighbors’ city strips, trees, shrubs, lawns, or on our building! There is a park one block up on Hoyt if you must relieve your dog – and, of course, please clean up after your pet.
LEASH & COLLAR: Dogs must arrive and leave on a four- to six-foot leash (no flexi-leashes). A flat (buckle or quick-snap) collar with tags must be worn. A Gentle Leader or Halti (headcollars) and some no-pull harnesses can also be worn. Choke chains and pinch collars are not allowed in class.
BARKING: Dogs must be kept quiet while outside and upon entering Happy-Go-Lucky’s building. This is very important, so please use whatever means necessary (ie: treats, toys, etc).
HEALTH & HYGIENE: All dogs must be in good health, physically sound and adequately protected from disease and fleas. They must have received all vaccines, including Rabies (when applicable). Owners must submit a completed and signed Bill-of-Health form OR show complete records from your veterinarian or breeder. Dogs who have been ill with a communicable disease within the last thirty days will require a veterinarian’s certification of health to be admitted or readmitted into class. Unspayed females that are in season need come to class “dressed.”
CHILDREN: Children are welcome, but must be accompanied by an adult. Kids must remain seated unless working with a dog. Parents may need to handle the leash at trainer’s request.
MISSED CLASSES: Sorry, we do not offer make-up classes. If you miss a class, homework will be mailed to you.
*Failure to follow any of these rules can lead to expulsion without refund. If you have questions at any time about these rules, please ask your trainer, or call us at 503-731-8774. Thank you!
Legal Agreement & Release
1. By completing registration and in consideration of being permitted to use the services and facilities of Happy-Go-Lucky Dog Training (“HGL”), I, the undersigned legal owner, hereby release, waive and discharge HGL, its owners and staff from all liability for any and all loss or damage, and any claim or damages resulting therefrom, on account of injury, loss, damage, ailment or disease to my dog, even injury resulting in death, while my dog is on the premises of HGL.
2. I agree to indemnify HGL, its owners and staff for any loss, liability, damage or cost they may incur due to my presence or the presence of my dog in or upon HGL’s premises.
3. I hereby assume full responsibility for any harm caused my dog while in or upon HGL’s premises. I further agree to indemnify HGL, its owners and staff for any loss, liability, damage or cost they may incur due to any harm caused by my dog.
4. I expressly agree that this release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the State of Oregon, and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, not withstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
5. I further understand and agree that in admitting my dog to HGL, the owners and staff of HGL have relied on my representation that my dog is in good health and has not harmed or shown aggression or threatening behavior toward any person or any other dog.
___ I accept all the terms, conditions and statements of the Cancellation/Refund Policy.
___ I’ve read the Class Rules and agree to abide by them.
___ I accept all the terms, conditions and statements of the Agreement & Release.
Dog’s Name _______________________________________________
Signature of legal owner ___________________________________________ Date __________________